Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ok, so while I'm here, I thought I'd post this too. I have a minor (ok, maybe not so minor) interest in metereology and storm-chasing... I've actually gotten a tornado on camera, though ironically it wasn't during a chase (appropriately, the storm was chasing me to my home). For all of you who complain constantly about the weather forecaster getting something wrong,
this test is for you.

Its a prototype simulator of severe weather, where you get to be the poor metereologist in charge of issuing warnings. Your score is based on how much lead time you give people before a severe even happens, and how many false alarms you sound.

As for how I did? Let's just say the world should be glad that I'm learning to be a historian, rather than trying to warn you there's a tornado about to come through your window...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home